Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  I had a glorious two weeks off thanks to my job.  I spent some quality time with family and friends, relaxing, and happily working on some home improvement projects which I hope to blog about soon.

This next week I hope to spend some time thinking about what I want to get accomplished for the new year, but in terms of cake decorating, I have only one major goal.


The last couple of years, I have become increasingly drawn to beautiful, elaborate royal icing work and piping, and working with royal icing is something I really want to add to my skill set. This book was a Christmas present to myself. 

It is absolutely gorgeous and so inspiring. 





Seriously, how beautiful is that work.  Inspiring, but intimidating.  


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, that is gorgeous. Having seen the delicate work you do with sugar flowers, I bet you will ace this new skill too.

    ReplyDelete